AstraZeneca Wins U-Turn On Diabetes Drug , Meet Them At Diabetes 2013, 1-2 October, London, United Kingdom
In final draft guidance published in recent weeks, NICE has recommended dapagliflozin (Forxiga, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Astra Zeneca) for some people with type 2 diabetes. The agency changed its position on the drug after requesting further information from its manufacturers. NICE said it expected to publish final guidance on Forxiga in June 2013
“We are pleased to recommend dapagliflozin for some people with type 2 diabetes. It is a serious problem in the UK and dapagliflozin provides another treatment option for some people with this condition.” Professor Carole Longson, Health Technology Evaluation Centre Director at NICE.
Following on from this SMi are pleased to announce that Katja Rohwedder, Medical Dircetor at Astra Zeneca, will be making a detailed presention on Dapagliflozin v Glipizide as add on therapy with Type 2 diabetes at this year’s Diabetes conference in London. Meet AstraZeneca and other leading industry experts at the heart of Diabetes innovation including GlaxoSmithKline, Novo Nordisk, Sanof and The International Diabetes Federation.
Diabetes 2013 will aim to provide delegate with:
- Clinical updates on novel GLP1 receptor agonists, and SLGT2 and DPP-4 inhibitors
- Presentations on biomarkers and imaging for the development of novel therapies for diabetes
- Discuss new therapeutic targets to reduce hypertension, hyperkalaemia and endothelial inflammation in diabetes
- Updates on new EU and FDA guidelines on clinical trials on risk-benefit assessment
- Case studies on the effects of targeting RAAS, CCN2 and CCN3 inhibitors
- Review clinical results from the DEMAND study
For further information visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/goto/2013diabetes-conference54.asp
SMi Group Ltd