SMi’s 12th annual conference on Drug Design taking place on the 18th & 19th February 2013 in London will provide attendees with an unparalleled opportunity for debate and problem solving of key challenges currently facing the field, focussing on the latest developments in predictive in-silico off-target profiling, Statistical Issues in CADD, Binding Site Solvent Analysis, Structure-Based Lead Discovery and G-protein-coupled receptors. This event will bring together senior representatives from industry and academia.
SMi is pleased to announce that John Mathias, Head of Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer has confirmed to speak at the upcoming event.
He will be chairing both day one and day two of the event as well as presenting how to use structure- based drug design to identify novel oral & inhaled p38 inhibitors for COPD. He will look at application for structure-based drug design, use of co-crystal structures to guide different design strategies, optimising slo onset/offset binding kinetics to enhance duration of drug action and current clinical development and status and results.
KEY TOPICS FOR 2013 INCLUDE:
- Computational approaches in polypharmacology and mode-of-action analysis
- Applying CADD to protein therapeutics
- Drug design strategies for anti-virals and combating resistance
- Developments in water network perturbation in structure-based drug design
- Discovery of novel inhibitors through structure-based fragment evolution
- Data integration and developments in public-private partnerships
For more information visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013drugdesign36.asp or alternatively contact Farhaana Rahman on +44 0207 827 6186