Doctors 2.0 & You To Feature Best Practices For Social Media, Apps Per Medical Condition And Original Research Pieces, 6-7 June 2013, Paris
The widely-acclaimed Doctors 2.0™ & You conference announces for its 3rd edition that:
- All Social Media and Web or Mobile Applications will be presented in light of specific disease conditions including a special focus on diabetes and cancer.
- Four original research studies in social media have been conducted for the conference.
- +80 Speakers hail from Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia .
According to Denise Silber, president of Basil Strategies, digital health agency and founders of the Doctors 2.0 & You conference series, “With Social Media and Mobile Apps, it’s time to talk about Health in the Present. Everyone knows that digital is here to stay. Our attendees, from all walks of healthcare, need to take home concrete lessons. So Doctors 2.0 & You will feature clinical experience in real-world conditions, best practices, and research data, on nvarious facets of social media: communities, blogs, web and mobile apps, serious games, big data…”
The program to-date includes Cancer and cancer pain, Cardiovascular disease and prevention, Dermatology, Diabetes, Eating Disorders, Epilepsy, Fertility, Family Medicine, IBS and other GI, Kidney, Rare Disease, Rheumatology and Trauma, Thyroid disease, along with medicines and pharmacovigilance.
400+ attendees (healthcare professionals and patients, pharma, hospitals, government, payers) will meet at the Cité Universitaire Internationale campus on the edge of Paris. Live tweeting on #doctors20 will be ensured by chief curators on both days in English, French, and other languages.
Stanford Medicine X renews the partnership “Paris to Palo Alto” package, enabling participants at both to get a $500 combined reduction. Says Medicine X founder, Dr Larry Chu, “Doctors 2.0 & You truly carries great potential for the future of healthcare. I am very proud to work closely as partners.”
The 60 confirmed speakers, Healthcare Social Media and Tech Leaders from Europe, North America, Middle East, and Asia have been selected through an application process including input from Doctors 2.0 & You advisors, Dr Berci Mesko and Michael Seres, epatient, both keynotes.
Research undertaken for Doctors 2.0™ & You includes:
- ISMOR (Insulin Social Media Original Research) with partner LexisNexis BIS. 200 social media diabetes sources from France and the UK, and in particular, “insulin” are examined in ISMOR.
- CVDSM (Cardiovascular Doctors Social Media) with partner Creation Healthcare. Amongst others, CVDSM analyzes conversations online between HCPs mentioning cardiovascular drugs, such as statins, beta-blockers and calcium channel-blockers over the past year.
- Research on Doctors 2.0 & You #doctors20 twitter visualization techniques will be presented by Symplur, creators of the healthcare project.
- More new data: Renaloo kidney patient association will present results on internet versus non-internet patient users. Pierre & Marie Curie University will present health on the internet in Generation Y. Doctors 2.0 & You will present its own physician patient social media survey…
Animations include the Start-up Contest, the Poster / Infographic Contest, Exhibitors, Demos, networking breaks.
According to Dr Berci Mesko, chief advisor to Doctors 2.0 & You, “It is essential that patients have their voices heard both on the Internet and at medical conferences such as Doctors 2.0 & You, which is the best in Europe. I cannot wait to return.”
And Chief Patient Advisor Michael J Seres says “I’ve not yet been and already I know that this is going to be the best conference in Europe this year. I can’t wait to network with what promises to be an incredible group of diverse attendees.”
Keynotes include: Yossi Bahagon, (Israel), Mark Davies (NHS, UK), Berci Mesko (Webicina, HU), Jacques Lucas (Order of Physicians, Fr), Michael Seres (ePatient, UK), Denise Silber, (Basil Strategies), Jurriaan van Rijswijk (Games for Health Europe, Nl) Kerry Sparling (ePatient, SixUntilMe US)…
Register here now.