Join SMi for their 2nd Annual Orphan Drugs & Rare Diseases Conference as they showcase world leading experts speaking inclusively on the orphan drug industry featuring cutting edge research via case studies taking place in previously untreatable patients. The conference will highlight current regulatory policies involving the FDA & EMA, new drug discoveries and partnerships in clinical trials and drug development with patient groups.
Last year’s delegates say: “Excellent schedule, good variety of speakers, 2012 was fantastic, looking forward to the 2013 event!”
This year’s agenda includes a ‘Big Pharma Spotlight Session’, from Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Baxter, London School of Economics and Santhera Pharmaceuticals, highlighting where current pipelines stand and where the next blockbuster will be treating rare diseases, including discussions on HTA and pricing issues currently being implemented after recent reforms in Europe. The event is supported by NovaBiotics Ltd. and Clinigen Group.
Key Reasons to Attend:
- Review through a unique ‘Big Pharma Spotlight’ session what drugs are finishing late stage clinical trials and where pipelines currently lead
- Discover how market access and HTA are affecting Orphan Drug releases
- Review optimal targeting for your new drug with expert analysis in patient selection and recruitment
- Learn from case studies of new molecules in clinical trials
- Analyse current funding options; including financial and economic reimbursement for the clinical development of drugs
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Kevin Lee, CSO, Rare Disease Research Unit, Pfizer
- Tony Hall, Founder, Findacure Foundation
- Adrien Lamoine, Director, GlaxoSmithKline
- Fernando Royo, VP, International Government Affairs, Genzyme
- Camille Métais, Sr Regulatory Affairs Manager, Alexion Pharma
- David King, Director, Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, Novo Nordisk
The conference will be followed by an interactive workshop “Applications to Market Access in Orphan Drugs” hosted by Tony Hall, Founder, Findacure Foundation.
For the full conference programme and further information please visit: www.smi-online.co.uk/2013orphandrugs59.asp
Alternatively contact Jonathan Collins on +44 (0)20 7827 6734 or email: [email protected]
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Karl Barnard on +44(0) 20 7827 6020 or email: [email protected]
Contact for media-partners: Catarina Almeida, [email protected], +44 (0) 20 7827 6088.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.